17/06/2023: V1.0 - Course Released on Gumroad
20/07/2023: V1.1 - Chapter 05 added to 🌟 Ultimate Version
11/10/2023: V1.2 - Chapter 06 added to 🌟 Ultimate Version
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE:
Sculpting can be a challenging and complex subject to tackle, yet it is one of the most satisfying skill to have ❤️🔥. It is an amazing skill to learn, and with this course, it will be possible for you to start mastering sculpting heads in Blender, both male and female ✍️👨👩!
I am YanSculpts known for my Youtube channel of over 500,000 subscribers and many sculpts with years of experience in sculpting and teaching. I also taught thousands of students on Gumroad on digital sculpting. I made this course to focus teaching how to sculpt heads, which is a popular request from my audience and students.
-> You have two choices when getting this course, the basic version and the ultimate version!
⭐ Basic Version - Course Key Points:
- Over 6 Hours of Content.
- Improve your understanding of the skull, head's proportions, shapes and anatomy.
- Learn many tips on how to sculpt the head.
- Learn the difference between male and female heads.
- Real time sculpting exercises/tutorials with 3d reference provided.
🌟 Ultimate Version (Recommended) - Course Key Points:
- All of the Basic Version Points
- Face Features Sculpting Exercises (+4 Hours of Content)
- Sculpting a Stylized Male Bust (+4 Hours of Content)
- Sculpting a Dragon Bust (+2 Hours of Content)
- Future Course Upgrades/Chapters for Free!
* FAQ at the end of this page
**If you have any issues or questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COURSE CONTENT - ⭐ Basic Version
Buckle up, there is quite a lot of content in this course (6+ hours of recorded tutorials), here is a summary of what to expect:
Chapter 00 - Start Here (txt files)
- Read Me (txt file)
Chapter 01 - Introduction to Sculpting Heads in Blender (⌚ ≈ 0H49 Total)
- Skull Muscle Head Intro (video file)
- Important Skull Bones for Artists (video file)
- Proportions and Head Tips (video file)
- Male VS Female Head| (video file)
- Heads Intro (blend file)
- Chapter 01, 02, and 03 Skull, Heads, Proportions, Tips and More (pureref file)
Chapter 02 - Sculpting a Male Head in Blender (⌚ ≈ 2H36 Total)
- Sculpting a Male Head (video file)
- Male Head Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Male Head Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
Chapter 03 - Sculpting a Female Head in Blender (⌚ ≈ 3H17 Total)
- Sculpting a Female Head (video file)
- Female Head Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Female Head Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
COURSE CONTENT - 🌟 Ultimate Version
Chapters 00, 01, 02, and 03 of the Basic Version +
Chapter 04 - Face Features (⌚ ≈ 4H12 Total)
- Sculpting The Eyes Exercise (video file)
- Eyes Exercise Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Eyes Exercise Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
- Sculpting The Nose Exercise (video file)
- Nose Exercise Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Nose Exercise Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
- Sculpting The Mouth Exercise (video file)
- Mouth Exercise Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Mouth Exercise Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
- Sculpting The Ears Exercise (video file)
- Ears Exercise Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Ears Exercise Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
- Chapter 04 Face Features Reference (pureref file)
Chapter 05 - Sculpting a Stylized Male Bust in Blender (⌚ ≈ 4H12 Total)
- Sculpting a Stylized Male Bust (video file)
- Stylized Male Bust Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Stylized Male Bust Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
- Stylized Male Bust Blend Scene Bonus (blend file)
- Chapter 05 Stylized Male Bust Reference (pureref file)
Chapter 06 - Sculpting a Dragon Bust in Blender (⌚ ≈ 2H51 Total)
- Sculpting a Dragon Bust (video file)
- Dragon Bust Blend Scene Start (blend file)
- Dragon Bust Blend Scene Finish (blend file)
- Chapter 06 Dragon Bust Reference (pureref file)
*More Chapters coming in the future for the Ultimate Version.
What level is best suited to follow the course?
The course is focused on teaching you how to sculpt heads/faces in Blender. Beginners and Intermediate sculptors will both benefit the most from this course.
If you are a complete beginner to sculpting in Blender and or 3D modeling (aka you don't know how to use the tools yet) I would recommend checking the following courses:
Introduction to 3D Modeling - Blender Course: https://yansculpts.gumroad.com/l/intro3dblender
Sculpting In Blender For Beginners: https://yansculpts.gumroad.com/l/ZaLQp
I also have a crash course to sculpting in Blender for all my Patreons 🧡: https://www.patreon.com/YanSculpts
If you are interested in learning the anatomy of the body in addition to the head, this course goes great with my anatomy and form course: https://yansculpts.gumroad.com/l/TjBef
Why make a Sculpting Course focused on heads?
Sculpting heads is one of the most popular skills artists want to learn, but it can be challenging and takes skill. There is a lot to learn and it also requires a lot of practice.
This is why I am making this course dedicated for sculpting heads. In the ⭐ Basic Version you will have a good introduction to sculpting heads both in theory and practice. The 🌟 Ultimate Version is for serious artists who want to continue getting more content to practice and learn more on sculpting heads.
Are there subtitles in this course?
No, currently there are no subtitles present for this course.
Which Blender version will be used in this course?
Blender updates quite often, adding features, improving things, fixing bugs, changing the UI at times, etc. For this reason, I highly recommend following any Blender course using the same version used in the course to avoid any potential confusion (especially if you are new to Blender). You can always switch back to the most recent Blender version after you finish the course, things taught in the course will be more than relevant to other versions.
It is of-course more than possible to follow the course using other Blender versions if you are experienced, but I don't see why you should, just use the same one.
The course is recorded using Blender 3.5.0 (Latest version at the time of the recording). A link to the exact version of Blender used will be provided in the course.
You can have more than one Blender version installed on you PC so you won't have to worry about uninstalling a current version you are using.
Is Blender Free?
Yes, the program used in this course is completely free.
Can I follow the course with Zbrush or any other sculpting program?
Yes! As long as you know your tool there is no reason not to be able to follow what I teach in this course.
Can I stream the content on Gumroad instead of downloading the video files?
Yes, after getting my course you can decide to either watch the videos by streaming on Gumroad, or downloading the video files if you prefer. Streaming it is ideal if you have a slow internet connection to download the files, or if you want to save some space on your pc/laptop.
This course is in $, your other courses are in €, how come?
No matter what currency is set on the course, the price will be shown in dollars and processed in dollars at checkout. This can potentially cause confusion when a course is set at a currency with a specific price, then you end up seeing a different price at check out.
This is why I decided to set my content to $ from now on. Sadly in Gumroad we can't change past products currencies, but in the future you can expect all my content to be in $ sign instead. I apologize if that causes any confusion, but rest assured you can get products with any currency no matter what currency your country uses.
Will there be updates to the course?
YES! I don't consider this course finished yet, and I have some plans to update the ultimate version with more content and chapters. There will be some small patches to fix some parts if needed, and bigger updates to add content. When I update you will be notified by email as long as you are subscribed to me on Gumroad, so make sure to do that!
Check the update log at the start of this page for more information on the course updates and changes. This will help you understand what changes with each patch/ update. If you already own the course, you can use that information to update your files when needed!
If there is something you think should be fixed in the course, maybe a video file that has sound issues or something, please send me an email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will do my best to answer you ASAP :)!
Note: The price is excluding VAT, VAT price will depend on your country (you might not have any VAT depending on where you live)